Thursday, February 5, 2009

Praise God! tonight's Education Panel was a success :-D
I was so encouraged and motivated to work towards a better future-but specifically in touching lives. What carried the panel tonight was the plethora of stories-of individuals who loved and, after a prolonged struggle between a mistrusting and calloused heart versus uncompromising, unwavering dedication-saw the hard-earned fruit of hope and love of learning. How one child can be changed; how the young are molded; how life's direction shifts radically after just one compassionate, "positive" person enters in and takes a stand. How recognizable is this story! Isn't this the story of every person, every sinner, who looks at God and says: Why do you love me? Why do you care so much? I don't mean anything to you. I can't do anything for you. Yet, here you are...and you sacrifice everything just so that I could be with you, so that I could have a glimpse of heaven and taste of your infinite glory. WHY?! Why do you not give up?
And blessed are those who turn and respond, saying: YES, I know that You love me, and I LOVE YOU. To show my gratitude for your love, I will turn and strengthen my brothers, who are also in your love. I will be like that ten-year-old, who once assured of his teacher believing in him, encouraged and exhorted the entire class to greater heights. He is unlike someone who dismisses this as foolishness-that this person's crazy, that this type of love and affection is contrived and never existed-or, worse, takes this love and hoards it for himself, always taking from God and never loving Him back by reaching out to others. Instead, he gives because he has received what has been freely given.
Praise God, Praise God, Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment