Sunday, August 1, 2010

first day - calm before the storm

I don't think I've ever felt so nervous about starting a first day...probably middle school was the worst. Coming from a private school, no sense of public-school-chic, overweight, bifocal glasses-I kinda deserved the weird glances and cold shoulders.

Yet here I am, recently 22, ready to embark on a new journey-the journey of a lifetime. This next 4 years, I'm told, will be when I get into the thick of my profession, where I will work my way towards the calling that God has placed in my life.

I'm quite nervous. anxious. Will I be able to thrive? Can I handle the discipline? Has it all come to this-for me to fail?
Will I be able to fit into this world of cliques and high-powered people?

Will I find this fulfilling?

I do hope so. I hope that God will give me the strength, the joy, the peace, the self-discipline adequate for this next stage. I pray that He will grant me his wonderful grace to extend towards my classmates, His power in being His witness, and Christ's perseverance to finish well!

It's 11:11. And by the awesome coincidence (or intentional blessing) I am currently enjoying the tail end of a song from Urbana 06: I have a calling.

1 comment:

  1. You. Are going to be a wonderful doctor, Dennis. You are.

    ReplyDelete